Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One thing that I personally value in music is lyrics. In a song, lyrics are EVERYTHING! And you can tell when someone has truly put their heart and soul in to a song by the lyrics. Now a days the world seems so caught up in the dance music. Now this is not to bash on the music that is out today, because I will gladly get out there and "jig" with the best of them, but for my personal taste I love when songs have lyrics that tell a story basically. One artist I have come to admire is Adele. I haven't even heard all of her songs, but from what I have heard her lyrics are amazing, and her style of singing is one to be admired. Other artist who I personally feel are very amazing at songwriting are Dawn Richard of Diddy Dirty Money, Jazmine Sullivan, and there are plenty others. When you write a song, think about if it truly is coming from your heart and soul, thats what makes music so universal, because your trials, your good days, your ups and downs (as an artist) are things people all around the world can relate to. A lot of times I feel like no one really listens to me, or ever hears what I have to say, so I put on some Danity Kane's "Is Anybody Listening". Maybe I feel like just dancing and I decide to put on California Swagg District's"Teach Me How To Dougie". Or maybe even I don't feel like doing anything, and I will listen to Bruno Mars' "The Lazy Song". See? Music is so universal and can touch so many people in so many ways! I love it!

Well till next time my fellow Bloggers....
Later Dayz!

DaNaRiiMuSiC

No comments:

Post a Comment