Friday, May 13, 2011

G-UNIT Producer Carrington Wiggings

G-Unit Producer Carrington



OSS: When did you discover your passion for music?

CARRINGTON: “I think it was always like a second nature thing to me, from birth. As a baby my Mom used to tell me that I would make beats in my sleep. I think I realized that I wanted to do this as a profession at the age of 12.”

OSS: How was it growing up more into music than sports?

CARRINGTON:“…I would always do athletic stuff, but in the mist music was always in the background. What ever I was doing there would be some song in my head.” Says the producer with a chuckle.
OSS: Who were some of your influences growing up?

CARRINGTON:“This guy named Carmen, I don’t know if many people have heard of him, but he was a Christian singer/ writer/ producer, he was the main influence.”, says the producer. “…but some artist people might know Price, Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, Parliament, Marvin Gaye, those guys definitely had a great influence on my music abilities. Oh and N.E.R.D. yes N-E-R-D they had a big influence in my music. Says the artist with clarity so there are no confusions.

OSS:What‘s it like working with one of the millenniums’ hottest labels?

CARRINGTON: “It was an honor actually seeing that 50 (rapper 50 cent) 2million records for his album.”, the Producer continues humbly and ends with “…It was very exciting.”

OSS:Tell us about Writer’s Block Music Project.
CARRINGTON: “Writers Block, usually you think about a writer getting to a point in your mind where you just can’t go any farther and trying to figure out Ideas. We actually came up with the concept and came up with the writer’s block theme, that there is no limit, and there are no boundaries. So we envisioned it from the get go of being able to do any type of music, not necessarily having a genre, but what ever we felt just doing that and just rolling with it. That’s how Writer’s Block came about. States the producer passionately with no error.

OSS:Tell us about your singles Say You Will.

CARRINGTON: “Say You Will is a song that we produced and we wrote. We were actually planning on shopping the song to 50 cent to see if he wanted to do it as a single, but we actually decided to keep it for ourselves since we liked it so much. We were actually listening to the song on the way to New York for a business trip and I just kept rocking to it and singing to it…and from there we just recorded it.”

OSS:Tell us what inspires you.

CARRINGTON: “What inspires me musically? The number 1 inspire-er, is that a word?” says the artist jokingly. “…is definitely God, next I guess I would say, there are 3 other members of Writer’s Block; Marshon Wiggins, Adam King, and John Avery. Adam and John are a little older than Marshon and I so that’s kind of how we got introduced to doing studio work and I think those are some of my inspirations as well.

OSS: What would you say to any artist hoping to make it in the music industry?

CARRINGTON: “I say don’t rush it, that’s the first thing. Because, sometimes people even with myself, you’re so ready to be famous and you’re ready to let people experience how you feel and the music that you make, but sometimes it takes a little time. Don’t rush it take time to mold your craft. And I say go for it, don’t even think a dream is impossible.”
States the artist both admittedly and encouragingly.
 
Last Thoughts
Carrington is a humble and talented young man, with a bright past and an illuminating future ahead. Getting the opportunity to chat with him was pleasant in every since I wish him nothing, but the best and have no doubts that his gracious personality and this undying talent will get him just that. Now Let’s Get Spiffy! www.twitter.com/carringtonmusic follow him!

No comments:

Post a Comment