Friday, April 1, 2011

D. Austin Photgraphy

D. Austin's website and D. Austin's blog.



OSS: When did you discover your passion for photography?D. Austin: “When I was about 16 me and my family took a trip cross country from California to New York and back in the car. And my Dad gave me a camera to document the trip and it was a fully manual camera, so I had to figure out how to work it if I wanted to document the trip.”, “…That’s pretty much where it all began”.OSS: How long have you been doing photography?D. Austin: “I would say, like maybe when I was 25 s for about 12 years”.
OSS: What inspires you?D. Austin: “I usually work off intuition, kind of like an instinct type of thing. So what actually inspires me is what I see like at that moment that I witness it whether it be a cool sunset or it could be like a model with nice make up and a nice look just the process of taking pictures is what motivates me”.
OSS: What’s your ideal shoot?
D. Austin: “Probably Africa or Paris any where that’s really photogenic”.

OSS: What’s your favorite thing to shoot, people or scenery?D. Austin: “People, because I like the different type of people I meet, it’s always interesting. It’s not necessarily the pictures themselves, but the whole process of meeting a new person and photographing them”.
OSS: Any up coming projects?
D. Austin: “ Photo Obsessions Blog, I just want to have an outlet to write about what I shoot, kind of what inspires me, or what I see when I shoot. How I arrive at a certain image, inspiration on what I see in my head and how I capture it on camera. I want to write about that process in relation to the people that I photograph. It’s kind of like an inside my mind type of look and for the person it’s just away for them to get pictures of something they’re passionate about”.


Last thoughts: D.Austin is a true artist he has paid his dues and has proven his self as a great photographer. The fact that he is doing a project "Photo Obsessions", as a means of showing us what truly goes on in the brain of a mastermind is on a whole other level of brilliant, very seldom do we find artist in truth that are willing to share what really makes them tick. This in my opinion gives him a leg up from his un expecting competitors. I wish you all the luck in the world Mr. Austin, it was an honor chatting with you, or in my own personal words "cakin it up". lol. BLESSINGS TO YOU LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment